Several national commercial real estate firms are seeking experienced Building Engineers at *all levels* for The Woodlands/Spring area. Requires commercial office building experience. Positions available include: Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief, Lead Engineer and Engineer.
Direct support to Property Manager and VP of Asset Management
Communicate professionally and clearly with tenants, vendors, building engineers, and porters
Must be proficient with MS Office Suite
Weekly walks and inspect managed properties, reporting all issues needing attention
Submit and complete property work orders on system Excel spreadsheet
Contact tenants to collect late payments
Draft and prepare late letters and correspondence to tenants
Download property utilities invoices online and prepare for payments
Code invoices for accounting and calculate accruals
Prepare bid proposals, maintain vendor contracts and building lists
Order various requested items for properties
Keep vendors, engineers, and porters on schedule
Meet vendors/contractors at properties, follow up for repair quotes, buildouts, etc.
Create and update tenant files, vendor and tenant lists
Track COIs and maintenance agreements
Update leasing marketing brochures and prepare MailChimp email blasts
Backup to Receptionist
The ideal candidate will be extremely polite and courteous, well-mannered, and willing to help out others in the office. The ideal candidate will also have a dependable and stable work history. Full-time with a benefits package
- Responds to tenant needs and coordinates with maintenance staff to resolve problems. Maintains positive relationships and high retention levels with all tenants. Responds to tenant problems and concerns; and informs/engages Property Manager with recurring tenant issues
- Supports Property Manager in planning, budgeting and operating and capital expenditures.
- Assists in preparation of annual budgets, reforecasts, management plans, performance reports, and variance reports. Understands and provides explanation for variances.
- Assists Property Manager in training of staff.
- Performs regular inspections of property. Recommends alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of property as necessary. Assists Property Manager in contracting for vendor services and supervises as required.
- Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and “walk-through” spaces with tenants and tenant improvement department, utilizing Move In/Move Out Checklists.
- Attends pre-construction meetings and punch walks at Property Manager’s request; tracks construction process for CI and TI projects.
- Supports Property Manager in operating expense recovery process; responsible for coordinating related tenant correspondence and billings.
- Coordinates tenant relation activities in conjunction with Property Manager including: tenant gifts, tenant functions, fire warden, and tenant contact meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
3-5 years of property management experience
Must have basic knowledge of accounting and budgeting
MS Office Suite, and experience with Yardi, MRI, or CTI is required
*Previous experience working on a medical office building portfolio is a plus
Addition to the team for this North Houston portfolio of commercial office space for an international firm with a strong Houston footprint. The size of the portfolio affords the opportunity to be assigned to different properties based on your skills and offers opportunity for advancement. Requires living in the North side of town and certifications in any of the following – OSHA, HVAC or EPA.
Looking for the candidate seeking a fast track to Property Manager! West Houston location of a commercial real estate portfolio where your hard work and ideas will be appreciated and rewarded with a promotion within the first year. Current experience in commercial real estate as an APM is required.