Reconciles general ledger accounts, creates journal entries, and performs month-end close duties. Reviews and analyzes general ledger accounts and profit and loss statement to prepare required accruals or reclassifications. Reconciles general ledger information to the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes by reconciling accounts to client and vendor billings. Prepares audit schedules and assists with audit questions. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and at least 5 years relevant accounting experience, MRI preferred.
The Controller is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Ability to prepare and run a year-end review or audit as required by lenders with minimal financial adjustments. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections. Requires: Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting, five years of experience in senior-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA.
Multi-site office portfolio on the West side of Houston reporting to the Asset Manager
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the property and its tenants
- Manage the fiscal activities of the property including monthly financial reporting, rent collection, receivables, etc.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and manage capital expenditures
- Work with the leasing department to ensure optimum tenant mix and transition
- Coordinate, solicit bids and oversee tenant construction and property renovations
- Schedule and manage property maintenance including roofing, parking lot repairs, HVAC and all mechanical systems
Requires 5 years experience in commercial property management, Yardi of MRI a plus. Degree Preferred.
Report to the Property Manager to ensure superior customer service when communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, contractors and visitors to the portfolio
- Handle the Certificates of Insurance, tenant move In/Out process, maintain the property management files – both electronic and paper
- Assist with budget preparation, accounts payable, invoicing, accounts receivable, bank deposits and tenant billback/adjustment forms
- Manage the work order system, service contracts, parking assignments, conference room scheduling, mail, and office supplies
At least two years of administrative support in commercial real estate is required. General knowledge of accounting and either MRI or Yardi.
Residential/multi-family experience will not be considered.
Manage the accounting for five medical office buildings including coding and processing invoices and cash receipts, posting adjustments, tracking capital projects, maintaining property cash balances and submitting AP weekly report. Also, review the GL, adjust entries and manage accruals, create and review financial statements, assist in budget preparation, reconcile accounts, handle billbacks, participate in escalation processes, and calculate construction management fees. At least two years of property management accounting experience with at least two years of college.