Monthly Receivables (posting, collections) using MRI
Accruals, and monthly funding requests based on the budget
Monthly Payables (coding, posting vendor invoices) using Avid
Will do basic journal entries, tenant receivable account auditing, etc.
Reconcile tenant accounts and identify adjustments to be made; prepare adjustment forms
Apply credits to open charges
If you have experience in commercial real estate as a Property Admin or Asst Property Manager and find that you like the “numbers” aspect of your job using Yardi or MRI this regional developer is willing to train you to become a Property Accountant! Galleria location with paid parking, full benefits, and tremendous career potential to learn an almost recession-proof career.
Senior-level Accountant who will be responsible for:
- Preparing financial reports of approximately 10-12 properties in various stages such as land investment, construction & development, retail and commercial properties
- Reviewing payables and receivables; performing bank/account reconciliations; providing financial information to auditors, tax consultants, lenders, property managers, and partners
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets, recoveries, 1099, and sales tax
- Processing annual property tax bills; coordinating tax return preparation and distribution of K-1 to partners
- Requirements include Accounting degree and commercial real estate background; Financial reporting experience is a must; Knowledge of Yardi is a strong preference.
Prepare financials for at least 10 commercial properties in various stages such as land investment, construction and development, retail and office buildings. Review AP and AR, prepare bank reconciliations, ledgers, journals, etc. Degree and at least two years of property accounting with Yardi.
Prepare, review, and analyze financials and budgets in collaboration with Property Management. Prepare journal entries, monthly accruals and re-classes and monthly account reconciliations. Maintain general ledger and calculate management, sales tax, and bank fees. Understand lease administration to set up new leases and renewals; processing in Yardi. Process weekly payables in Avid. Bachelors degree required and at least 6 months of CRE experience in a Property Accounting related role.